Product: Vimtag VT-361 Review
Great for: Inside your home
My Rating: 8 out of 10
Every so often, my wife and I like to go out on a date night without our kids. As our kids are still quite young, we often obtain the services of a babysitter. But when we are out enjoying our meal at a nice restaurant, there is still something in the back of our minds that wonders “what are the kids up to”, or “Is the babysitter actually taking care of the kids?” Fear no more, as there are plenty of security cameras available to keep an eye on you home while you are out. The Vimtag VT-361 is one of those.
Benefits of the Vimtag-361
One of the biggest benefits of this camera is its ability to keep an eye on things inside your home when you are not there. Every corner of the home can be monitored using the pan and tilt function that gives you a huge viewing range, all controlled by the app on your smartphone or tablet.
Maybe your elderly parents are still living independently in their own home. Installing one of these cameras at their place would give you the ability to check up on them to make sure everything is ok. Or do you leave the kids with a babysitter while you and your partner go out for dinner or a movie? Log in to view the live feed and make sure the kids have gone to bed on time or they aren’t misbehaving and giving the babysitter grief.
Also, this camera gives you great peace of mind by providing extra security monitoring for your home. Say you are on an extended vacation and don’t want to worry about break ins back at home. Well, the presence of a security camera can deter thieves, this camera will also send you real-time notifications if motion is detected. Then you could immediately contact the police to attend your home and hopefully minimise any theft or damage.
Overall, there are many benefits for having a Vimtag VT-361 in your home.
How to use the Vimtag VT-361
While the camera does come with limited documentation, the quick install guide makes it extremely easy to install. In 4 easy steps, you should be up and running in 5 minutes or so.
To install the camera, initially you will need to connect the device via an ethernet cable to your network to establish the connection. Once that part is done, it is simply a matter of downloading the app, creating an account, scanning the QR code on the base of the camera, and away you go!
If you are looking at storing footage or images locally, you will need to purchase a micro SD card. The camera supports a micro SD card of up to 32GB, which should be plenty of space for the general home set up.
Alternatively, if you need more storage for your security footage, Vimtag have the option of purchasing the S1 Storage Cloudbox which has 1TB of storage.
Product Description and Features
Here are some of the highlighted product features
- Size (L x W x H) – 112 x 114 x 157
- Weight – 400g
- Micro SD storage up to a maximum of 32GB
- HD720P video resolutions
- Night vision capabilities up to 10 meters
- Remote tilt/pan controls
- 320 degree X 120 degree viewing angle to cover every corner of your home
- Both wireless and Ethernet connections
- Motion Detections
- Real-time notifications via the app
- Two-way audio
- One Vimtag IP camera VT-361
- Ethernet cable
- 5V power adapter
- Quick install guide & warranty card
- Stent and installation kit
- Wireless antenna
- User manual
Who is the Vimtag VT-361 for?
You may be researching for indoor home security cameras because you are looking to:
- Monitor the inside of you home
- Keep an eye on children or pets
- Ensure your elderly parents are comfortable
- Keep an eye on the babysitter with the kids
- And of course, Secure your home and family
Ultimately, if you are looking for a little extra peace of mind when you are not home, then buying a security camera will help you achieve this.
What I like about the Vimtag VT-361
- Price – one of the cheapest cameras on the market today. You can get this camera for under $100. With all the features you get with this camera, it is well worth the price.
- Range of motion – I love the range that you get out of the pan and tilt function. The camera can be set up against a wall in a large open room and you will be able to scan just about every corner.
- Local storage – Whilst you will need to purchase a micro SD card separately, this type of storage is handy for your general home set up, because it completes the whole plug and play package.
- Night Vision – Seeing up to 10 meters in the dark is a great feature. Having one of these cameras set up in your toddler’s room at night will mean you can keep an eye on them while they are sleeping.
- Easy set up – Simple, plug and play, ready to go in about 5 minutes.
What I don’t like about the Vimtag VT-361
- The looks – my first impression of this camera was that it does kind of look ugly. The bulky base, silver/black design just doesn’t appeal to me. But it is something I would be happy to put up with for the other features.
- Power cable – the camera must be powered using the power adapter which can limit the locations of where you can install the camera.
- Security – There have been a few issues reported of a lack in security. Some consumers have expressed concerns that the WiFi connection is not secure. Others have even reported seeing vision from cameras other than their own (which is a bit concerning).
To sum up, the Vimtag VT-361 is a great indoor security camera full of features at a really low price. You could use this camera to keep an eye on things while you are not home, to gain that extra peace of mind in regards to your home security, or you could even use it as a baby monitor. Whatever the need, this camera might just be the solution you have been looking for.
I’m happy to answer any questions or comments about the Vimtag VT-361 camera, please leave them below.
LEARN MORE: Security Cameras for Home