Product: Netgear Arlo Security Cameras
Where to buy: Amazon.com – Click here for the latest price
Video Quality: 720p
Great for: Anywhere in and around your home
My Rating: 8.5 out of 10
Security is a crucial facet of any home. It gives parents peace of mind to know their children are safe and protected. However, several issues can jeopardize the security of your home. Burglars can break in when nobody is expecting and get away with numerous valuables. Even worse, they may inflict harm to you or your loved ones. It’s therefore important to install a sound security system for your home to watch over your elderlies, kids, and pets. Although there are numerous cameras available in stores all over the country, not all will fit your particular taste. However, the Netgear Arlo Security Cameras will definitely interest you.
The Netgear Arlo Security Cameras provide you with stunningly clear images. It uses its High Definition camera to produce sharp details and crisp videos. You can watch recorded video footage straight from your smartphone, tablet or computer using the free App from Arlo. Alternatively, you can stream the videos live.
This camera uses its unique night vision cameras to record HD videos even in pitch darkness. You’re therefore able to see what happens when you’re asleep. It acts as the perfect monitor, allowing you to regularly keep tabs on your kids or pets.
It has motion activated cameras that use extremely sensitive sensors to detect any kind of motion. This, coupled with its customizable activity alerts, keeps you updated on every event that takes place within your home. The alerts offer you real-time app or email notifications, whether you’re at home or on vacation.
The Arlo Security System has magnetic mounts that allow you to place the camera in discrete places around your home. You can therefore monitor your house using any angle you desire. It also has a purely wire-free, patented design, which is just the icing on the cake.
It works incredibly either as an indoor or outdoor camera. It is also weatherproof, allowing it to withstand rain, heat and extreme weather conditions. You can monitor your home’s exterior just as effectively as your interior. In addition, installation is quite easy since it is designed for DIY security.
The Arlo security camera weighs 2.93 pounds. Its dimensions are 5.08 by 11.7 by 9.42 inches. You can therefore mount it at different locations within your home. It mainly comes in white and needs to be connected to a wireless network.
At the time of writing this post, you can purchase this camera for about $140. This price is only for the 1 camera kit, but it also comes in kits with up to 5 cameras, or even a mixture of the Arlo and Arlo Q security cameras. Overall, it’s reasonably priced compared to other cameras out there.
What you get
Once you purchase the Netgear Arlo Security Camera system with 1 camera, you get the following:
- 1 wire-free camera
- 1 Ethernet cable
- 1 Smart home base station that also comes with a power adapter
- 1 magnetic camera mount and mounting screw
- 4 batteries
- 1 quick start guide and Window decal
- The Arlo Security Camera produces clear videos of 720p resolution. It provides a crisp image quality that lets you decipher even the finest of details. The camera also uses its highly accurate sensors to detect the faintest motion or sound in the room. Real-time email alerts and push notifications are then sent to the user
- The camera lets you see in the dark! The video quality you receive is HD. You can therefore monitor your kids’ bedroom or your living room without having to get up from your bed.
- The setup is quite easy. The fact that this security camera is 100% wire-free makes installation easier. If you have trouble setting it up, the Arlo support team are always at your beck and call. They will assist you with any issue you have.
- You can easily record and store video footage for later viewing using Arlo’s cloud DVR storage. This gives you up to 7 days of secure storage. If you desire, you have the option of purchasing the 5-camera system for more robust security. You can also upgrade your Arlo Security System to enjoy more storage features and service levels.
- The camera is weatherproof, meaning you can set it up outside as well. Since most burglaries happen at night, it would be a great idea to install one Arlo Camera just outside your front door. This way, you’re able to view the faces of people entering your home.
- You’ll need the presence of a strong internet connection before installing the Arlo Security System. You also need to integrate the security camera into your wireless network, an activity that may take some of your time.
- Sometimes the pictures may lag behind by some seconds. This indicates that your Arlo Security System might be out of your WiFi range.
- The Arlo software is a bit complicated and needs some getting used to. In addition, the software has small issues that are still being tweaked by the Arlo team.
Favorably priced and sporting an impressive array of features, the Netgear Arlo Security Cameras are almost like a dream. It works perfectly in the dark because of its amazing night vision feature. The picture quality is so clear that you can identify your kids coming home from school. The free cloud storage offered by Arlo allows you to store 7 days worth of video footage and review them later. This comes in handy when you’re trying to string together the events that happened around your house in the past week.
One of its more impressive features is its motion alerts. The sensors located in the Arlo Security system are so sensitive that even the faintest sound or motion can’t escape its detection. In addition, it can withstand severe weather conditions, making it perfect for outdoor monitoring. In overall, the Arlo Security camera is an impressive device that will delight you beyond words.
If you have any questions about the Netgear Arlo Security Cameras, please leave me a comment below and I’ll be more than happy to help you out.
LEARN MORE: Security Cameras for Home