Product: Logitech Circle Review
Where to buy: Amazon.com – Click here for the latest price
Video Quality: 1080p
Great for: Monitoring inside your home
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
In the past, it was sometimes difficult to protect your home from burglars.
People were forced to install steel-reinforced doors and windows to maintain some level of security. There was only so much they could do.
However, with the advent of technology, home security has dramatically improved. Gone are the days when security cameras were a luxury that only big corporations could afford. Today, it’s possible to install security cameras in your home. And they have become delightfully compact and affordable.
There are so many security cameras on the market with benefits that are innumerable. You can watch your adorable pets playing in the living room, and even say hi to them. You can also watch your kids come home from school, or maybe watch your toddler in the playroom while you are cooking dinner. The Logitech Circle has created ripples in the market because of its amazing functionalities.
Benefits of the Logitech Circle
At my home, I don’t want my security camera to be fixed in one location.
Well, my kids like to mix things up quite a bit and tend to change where they play. Sometimes, they are in the playroom, the next day they will be playing in their bedroom. Buying a security camera for each room of the house just wouldn’t be cost effective.
Enter the Logitech Circle:
The Logi Circle has been designed so that it can be easily moved to another room of the house, without the need to move the power cable. See the power cable is connected to a charging dock rather than the cable itself. Therefore it is as easy as lifting the Logitech Circle from it’s dock and placing it in any room of your home. It does come with a magnetized mount, which is perfect if you have a location in your home that it will be more often than not. Overall, this nifty little security camera is great if you want flexibility in moving it around your home.
How to use the Logitech Circle
Setting up the Logitech Circle is a breeze. There are three steps involved:
- Turn on the device and connect it to power
- Download the app to your smartphone or tablet
- Tap “Setup” within the app
And off you go!
The Logi Circle has a small LED light on the front to indicate it’s status. For example, when it is white, it is connected and ready to stream. Or when it is blinking red, it means the battery is low and it needs to be returned to the charging dock.
With the device comes a magnetized wallmount, which gives you the ability to have the camera mounted anywhere you like.
Magnetized you say?
Yes! The wallmount and the base of the camera are magnetized. What this means is you can literally move the camera anywhere in your home. Put it on a shelf. Stick it to a metal surface. Attach it to the wallmount. And when needed, place it back on the charging dock.
The Logi Circle App is really easy to use and also has some great features which I’ll explain further below.
Product description and features
- 1080p Video Quality, also 360p, 720p options available
- Wi-Fi 2.4 and 5 GHz
- 135-degree wide angle lens
- Night vision up to 15 feet
- Advanced motion detection
- 8x digital zoom
- Built-in speaker and mic
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Secure Data Encryption
- Manual 360-degree pan, 110-degree tilt
- Multiple camera support
- Mobile app and web browser access
What comes in the box:
- The HD Logitech Camera with a rechargeable battery
- A USB power adapter
- A unique charging ring attached to a 10-feet USB cable
- A magnetic, wall-mounting device
- Quick start guide
This high-quality camera produces crisp videos. You receive 1080p High Definition live video streams wherever you are. You can also configure this camera with your smartphone so as to receive instant Smart Alerts immediately something fishy or unexpected occurs. You’ll no longer have to worry about the security of your home.
A unique feature of this camera is its microphone. You can easily hear your kids walk in from school. It would definitely be fun to listen in to their funny conversations. In addition, you can easily monitor your pets while you’re on vacation to see what mischief they’re up to. All this can be done either from the Logitech web application or from your phone.
Logi Circle Cloud Storage Included
The camera sports an impressive cloud recording and storage feature that’s absolutely free. You can therefore download, replay and even share the recorded video clip for up to 24 hours. This is done from your very own private cloud. This means your data is kept safe even after your camera is stolen.
Is 24 hours enough?
That is only a decision you can make. If you don’t want to be reviewing the day’s recordings every day, then you have options to upgrade the cloud storage offered by Logitech. They have a 14 day storage plan for $3.99 per month per camera which sound really affordable. With all the cloud services for home security I’ve seen, Logitech certainly offer the most affordable plans around.
Now, I touched on this earlier:
The Logitech Circle security camera has one of the simplest setups you’ll find in the market. It takes a maximum of 60 seconds to set it up. This amazing feature has made this particular camera a darling among most customers. With security cameras getting increasingly popular, it’s important to get one that’s not complex to set up. The Logitech circle doesn’t disappoint – setting it up is a piece of cake.
Its personal daily summary is one feature that will make you go gaga. The Logitech Circle is the only camera in the market which provides you a vivid 30-second video time-lapse that summarizes the previous 24 hours. You can also create a short, customized Day Brief from any period you desire – the past day, week or even month. This allows you to capture specific time periods such as your child’s birthday or your daughter’s wedding.
What about the Logitech Circle Battery Life?
A great question:
As I briefly mentioned earlier, the Logitech Circle has a tremendous Wireless Mobility and Charging feature that makes it easy to move it around as you desire. The security camera is designed in such a way that it rests on a charging ring. Logitech claim that you can move it from it’s charging ring for up to 12 hours and place it in a different room. However there have been numerous reports that the batter life only lasts for between 4 to 5 hours. In my opinion, the battery life will depend heavily on how much it is recording. If it is constantly recording activity, then I would suggest that 4 hours battery life is actually quite good. I suspect that the 12 hour battery life is based on random recording activity throughout the period of time.
This camera weighs only 12.8 ounces and its dimensions are 2.56 by 2.95 by 2.65 inches. It’s therefore extremely portable. You can move it from its charging ring to your kids’ room for several hours to track their movements and ensure they’re safe.
What I like about the Logitech Circle
- Its HD 1080p display ensures that you only get high-quality images and videos. This is a paramount feature because it helps to easily identify culprits who may have broken into your home. In addition, it produces decent audio quality via its speaker.
- Its night vision ensures that you can continue monitoring those you love even when darkness sets in. If you have elderly parents who need regular checkups, the Logitech Circle will definitely improve the way you take care of them.
- It is extremely easy to set up. In addition, it sports a rechargeable battery. This offers you the convenience of moving it from its charging ring and placing it in any location that’s within your WiFi range.
- The Logitech Circle comes with an advanced talk and listen feature which allows you to say ‘hi’ to your kids when they come home from school. This is made possible by its built-in mic and speaker.
- I’ll say it one more time…. I love the flexibility of moving it around the home, with the wallmount and the magentized base, so many options available.
What I don’t like about the Logitech Circle
- The audio quality of the built-in speaker is a little low and could be better.
- It doesn’t work without the presence of a strong internet connection. Before installing it, you should already have a high-speed wireless internet connection.
- Images from the camera are blurred out in the presence of light that’s either from the sun or a lamp. You should therefore place it far away from windows and lamps for crisp video quality.
- Battery life can be significantly less than what is claimed.
The Logitech Circle is an impressive camera that will greatly improve the security of your home. You can check on your children to ensure they’re doing their homework or monitor your pet to ensure it is okay. It offers an outstanding 135-degree view and auto night vision to enhance the safety of your house. The rechargeable lithium battery can hold up to 12 hours of charge. With all these benefits, it’s safe to say that the Logitech Circle is one security camera worth purchasing.
If you have any questions about the Logitech Circle, please leave me a comment below and I’ll do my best to help you out.
LEARN MORE: Security Cameras for Home