Product: Amcrest ProHD Review
Where to buy: Amazon.com – Click here for the latest price
Video Quality: 1080p
Great for: Monitoring inside your home
My Rating: 9 out of 10
Many security companies around the world have tremendously diversified their systems so that they may become more airtight and burglar-proof. With the immense security benefits provided by security cameras, almost all security systems are incorporating these devices. Security cameras can now be placed in specific areas around your house to detect sound, motion and suspicious activity. There are numerous cameras in the market, all promising to offer you exquisite value for your money. The trick is to get the one that fits your particular needs. The Amcrest ProHD Camera has taken the world by storm.
Table of Contents
Amcrest Prohd 1080p Reviews
This camera provides stunning HD videos of 1080p quality at 30 fps. It’s possible to record and playback video footage from the local microSD Card. You can also do this via Blue Iris or FTP Upload. Amcrest also has its very own Cloud Video Recording Service that can be availed to you.
The Amcrest ProHD supports Infrared LED Night Vision within a range of 32 feet. In addition, it has a 90-degree wide viewing angle that allows you to enjoy an extraordinary field of view. Other features that will definitely tickle your fancy include the Intelligent Digital Zoom as well as the Remote Tilt.
The camera also comes with two-way talk technology that’s made possible by its in-built mic and speaker. It also sports an Intelligent Motion Alert system that sends you email alerts and snapshots. You can stay connected via your mobile device or other web applications such as Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
The Amcrest ProHD also features impressive Sony image sensors that identify any strange activity with remarkable precision. It also uses an Ambarella processor that guarantees uninterrupted video recorded with rare freezing incidences. The camera is certified with FCC and CE. In addition, Amcrest offers a 1-year warranty to US residents as well as a lifetime support to all its customers.
The camera requires a WiFi setup before it can start operating. However, the setup is swift and can be done using an iPhone or Android Smartphone. The Amcrest View App that’s included in the package makes the setup a piece of cake. After the setup is done and dusted, you receive seamless video streams and two-way audio on your tablet, smartphone, Windows PC or Apple Mac.
It weighs 2 pounds and its dimensions are 10 by 12 by 8 inches. It’s therefore easy to carry around and set up in different rooms. It comes in black, and sports a chic, compact design. The camera also supports 2.4 GHz rather than the 5 GHz networks.
At the time of writing this post, the Amcrest ProHD Camera costs around $90. With the addition of a 64GB micro SD card for storage purposes, the price totals $105. This price is reasonable compared to other security cameras available in the market.
What you get
The Amcrest ProHD box comes with these accessories:
- One Amcrest ProHD camera
- A 10-foot power supply
- A network cable
- A CD and quick start guide
- A one year warranty provided by Amcrest
- It offers a wide 90-degree viewing. This, combined with its amazing panning and tilting, allows it to check around the entire room and send alerts once it detects motion or sound. You can either mount it or attach it magnetically on your wall, providing you convenience and easy viewing.
- The picture quality is terrific. It produces clear images and video quality having a resolution of 1080p. This couples well with its highly sensitive sensors that detect any slight motion in the room. Image alerts and snapshots are then sent directly to your computer or smart device. This keeps you in the loop at all times.
- The Amcrest ProHD has numerous storage options that you can use. It comes with a microSD card slot that allows you to record and store video footage locally. Recorded data can also be uploaded to an FTP or Amcrest NVR (Network Video Recorder). Amcrest also offers Cloud Recording.
- It produces outstanding image quality even in complete darkness. It uses Infrared LEDs to identify objects at night. It also takes in low light from street lamps and enhances it to produce an outstanding image quality. This night vision technology is one of the best there is.
- It comes with a long power cord (10 feet), giving it a larger mobility circumference. You’re not bound to one particular area. Rather, you can set it up wherever you desire within the house.
- It can’t work without the presence of a strong, reliable internet connection. The Amcrest ProHD needs to be within WiFi range to function properly, so that it can send email alerts to the user. Otherwise, it may keep dropping the signal and providing inconsistent images.
- Although setting up the camera is pretty much straightforward, it can be a tad involving. You’re required to have some basic networking skills during the setup. For instance, you’ll need to decipher the camera’s IP address in order to integrate it to your WiFi internet connection. You may use one of two options – either seek the help of Amcrest’s support technicians or install the Amcrest pseudo-browser plugin.
- If the pan/tilt function fails, the camera is limited to a mere 90-degree angle viewing. This might not be enough to cover the whole room. It may also be frustrating when the area you desire to be covered most is out of range.
The affordably-priced Amcrest ProHD Camera offers many good things worth checking out. Its elaborate night vision stands out distinctly because of its IR-enabled feature. It can integrate easily with your mobile phone, laptop and tablet. The Amcrest support team support swiftly to any issue you may encounter with your device. They’ll help you with the setup and also offer you the after-sale services you may require. The Amcrest ProHD provides phenomenal picture quality. It’s an all-rounded security camera that’s definitely worth investing in.
Have you bought an Amcrest Pro HD Camera, or do you have any questions? Leave me a comment below.
LEARN MORE: Security Cameras for Home